View Photos Here

God Can Speak Thru Donkeys!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Isn't it amazing how God can speak through an animal to get His message across to you? After taking the photo above in the early weeks of spring, the Lord reminded me of the story about Balak, Balaam, and his donkey. 
Balak wanted Balaam to curse Israel because he was afraid that Israel might wage war on him and his nation. Afterall, Israel conquered the Amorites, and word had it that they were a fierce people not to be reckoned with. But God stepped in and 
urged Balaam not to curse Israel. 
Balak sent his princes to persuade Balaam to visit him and curse Israel, but Balaam kept refusing. When Balaam finally decided to take the journey with Balak's princes to visit Balak, the Lord became angry and sent The Angel of the Lord to block his path along the road. Balaam's donkey saw The Angel of the Lord but Balaam didn't. Each time the donkey saw the Angel of the Lord, it veered off the road. And each time Balaam beat his donkey. 
Poor thing! 
Balaam beat the donkey three times! After the third time, the donkey spoke up. And Balaam actually answered him back. This story kind of reminds me of that old TV show "Mr. Ed." Remember that show with the talking horse? 
All joking aside, this story shows that God can speak to us through any means necessary. He can speak to us through His Word, our circumstances, through other people, even very young children. And yes, even through animals! They may not speak our native language, but they can still give us a message from the Lord that can help direct our lives.







** This post is linked to Scripture and a Snapshot here.
** This post is also linked to Spiritual Sundays here.

14 comments:

Katie at: July 31, 2011 at 8:46 PM said...

God seems to work in mysterious and unexpected ways quite often! :)

KT at: July 31, 2011 at 8:46 PM said...

great post!

Charlotte at: August 4, 2011 at 10:22 PM said...

Interesting post. Yes, God can certainly speak to us in many different ways, and I believe He does. Thank you for sharing with us.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Laura @ BeholdingGlory.com at: August 4, 2011 at 10:30 PM said...

Great post! Will you consider linking up for Brag on God Fridays? Seems like something you would like. www.BeholdingGlory.com

Nikki (Sarah) at: August 13, 2011 at 5:29 AM said...

I just loved this post.....and the message that God can speak through anything and anyone....

Carrie at: August 13, 2011 at 3:51 PM said...

I always loved that Bible story. God does speak!

Anonymous at: August 14, 2011 at 12:50 AM said...

what a great post!!!

HeARTworks at: August 14, 2011 at 6:19 AM said...

One time God spoke to me through the radio! I was having a very difficult time breastfeeding but my husband insisted. So I asked God, who was a higher authority, if i could stop breastfeeding my baby. I was listening to the radio at the time, and just when I finished my question, the announcer said, "No, God doesn't like quitters." So I continued breastfeeding until my son was 11 months old. Patsy from
HeARTworks

betty-NZ at: August 14, 2011 at 6:29 AM said...

Great job on the photo and scripture! It's one of my favorite Bible stories.

Anonymous at: August 14, 2011 at 11:59 AM said...

Great post! I have always said if God can use a donkey, He can certainly use me! And for that I am grateful!

Charlotte at: August 14, 2011 at 7:38 PM said...

I think it was also interesting that the donkey was aware of the angel while the man was not. I think there is a lesson there too.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Stephani Cochran at: August 14, 2011 at 11:09 PM said...

Good post and reminder. I love the donkey photo!

lioneagle at: August 20, 2011 at 7:06 AM said...

Hi Judith -

I loved the views here. Thank you. Where were the shots taken?

Also, I love your flower photos. Such splendor. The close ups are "juicy" to view.

Esther Joy at: October 19, 2011 at 2:35 PM said...

Judy,

Enjoyed your animal pictures!

This is the second time I've been reminded that God can even speak through animals. Hmmm... I better keep my listening ears on...

Blessings,
Esther Joy

Post a Comment